Welcome to Sum of a Batch! This site is about making mead, a wine-like drink made by fermenting honey rather than fruit. Most people (at least Americans) associate it with the Vikings – but actually, it was around for about 8,000 years before them! It was made everywhere that people had honey – all over not only Europe, but also Africa and Asia (including at least the Philippines), and even Central America!
- 🥃 Simple Recipe
- ❌ Mead Myths BUSTED!
- 🧮 Calculators
- 💡 Advice
- ⏯️ Videos coming eventually, for now just a list of what’s planned
- 🏫 Workshops coming eventually, for now just a concept outline
- 📔 Blog
- ❓ About
- 🔗 Links to useful stuff elsewhere
- 🙇🏻 Credits
I do not sell alcohol. Nor do I give it away, as part of this business. Not one drop, no way no how, in any manner that could possibly be construed as selling, or even risking giving any to a minor. The laws on selling alcohol are just too complex and expensive for me to bother even trying to comply with, and the penalties aren’t worth the likely profits. (And distilling is Right Out.)
What I am giving away here on this website, is the knowledge for you to make your own. What I am selling in the workshops is that knowledge plus the equipment and ingredients, which consists mostly of things that anybody could easily buy at their local grocery store.
Any responsibility for:
- the transfer of your alcohol to any other party;
- what you or any other party do after drinking;
- your possession, drinking, or making of alcohol at your age and in your jurisdiction;
- and any other consequences of following the advice herein;
is entirely on you.